Coronavirus Updates and Disease Prevention
As always, your safety and the safety of all our members, volunteers and guests is our top priority. We understand that there are questions and concerns about how COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, could affect national, region, section, lodge and chapter Order of the Arrow and local Scouting programs within the areas served by Section W-1S. Section leadership is developments regarding COVID-19 through our local councils, national council, our charter partners, state restrictions and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The following information regarding events and prevention measures is based on the latest available guidance. As this is an evolving situation, this information is subject to change. We will do our best to updates this page with relevant event cancellations and postponements. We encourage you to consult your local council for specific information on your Scouting events.
Event Status and Cancellations
As a result of current restrictions and in the interest of the health and safety of all our members and the general public, the following events have been canceled or postponed:
- Section conclave scheduled for September 11-13, 2020 has been CANCELED. Please see the full statement here.
Region OA Events
- All national and regional events through June 15, 2020 have been POSTPONED.
National OA Events
- The National Order of the Arrow Conference (NOAC) scheduled for August 3-8, 2020 has been CANCELED. Details can be found here.
- OA High Adventure programs DELAYED. Details can be found here.
Lo La’Qam Geela Lodge & Crater Lake Council Events
- Council Service Centers and stores will be closed to the public until May 31st. Orders can still be placed.
- May 21: All District Roundtables — Virtual
- May 23: WR Boatnik — CANCELED
- May 30: 2020 Council Annual Dinner — POSTPONED; date TBD
- May 30: Council Annual Meeting — Moved to June 10th
- May 30-31: OA Spring Induction Weekend — CANCELED
- All council Cub Scout and Scouts BSA summer camp programs have been CANCELED.
Tsisqan Lodge & Oregon Trail Council Events
- Council Service Center and Scout Shop open, please call ahead.
- Council staff are still available to serve via phone and email. Scout Shop will continue to take orders.
- June 6: Baker Beaver Day — CANCELED
- June 19-21: OA Spring Induction at Camp Baker — CANCELED
- July 17-19: OA Summer Induction at Camp Melakwa — CANCELED; an alternate induction opportunity may be made available at a different location.
- August 9-14: NYLT — CANCELED
- District Recognition Dinners — District will decide whether to postpone to October or hold virtually.
- All Cub Scout Day Camps have been postponed to August. Decisions will be made whether to hold camp on July 3rd.
- Camp Baker Summer Camp — CANCELED
- Camp Melakwa Summer Camp — CANCELED
- All Scouts BSA & Cub Scout summer resident programs at Camp Baker and Camp Melakwa are CANCELED
- Council Fall Rendezvous — CANCELED
- Except for Camps Baker and Melakwa, our properties will be available for use. We are ensuring units safety by scheduling a 72-hour period in between use by each unit. Groups that are interested need to fill out the proper paperwork and submit their plans on how they will maintain social distancing if approved for use.
Wauna La-Mon’tay & Cascade Pacific Council Events
- Scout Offices — CLOSED until further notice
- Nor’West Scout Shop closed until further notice
- All CPC Camp Properties — CLOSED until June 7
- Sea Scout Regatta — CANCELED
- All council summer camping programs canceled for 2020
BSA Policies to Prevent the Spread of Illness
Everyday Preventive Measures
Even with those important policies in place, it is critical that we all take these everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.
- Stay at home when you feel sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and wash your hands before and after doing so.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve/elbow, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Do not share personal items such as cups, water bottles, eating utensils, etc.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- If you have a fever, cough, or other symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if you believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19, you should isolate and not attend any Scouting events. People who think they may have been exposed to COVID_19 should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
If you have any questions or concerns about a specific upcoming event or activity, please reach to the appropriate individuals: